Q: How can I get a custom dress/garment made?
- This is what you need to do if you want a custom garment made by the House of Avid by Jessica Hayes. First thing I need you to do is book a custom (prom/wedding/bday outfit) appointment with me. Go to the shop and book 2.0 consultation with designer. During your consultation we will discuss all materials, fabrics, appliqués, get measurements, and I will sketch the dress as well. Your gown will be made exactly how we design it during your design consultation. After we discuss all the details during the consultation then I can give an EXACT price for your dress.
Q: Where are you located?
- Our showroom address is: 3009 Rainbow Drive Ste E, Decatur, GA 30034
Q: What are your store hours?
- Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-6PM
Q: How long does it take to make a dress?
- It varies per order and date needed. Normal production time for custom dresses is 4 to 6 weeks. Prom gowns are 8 to 10 weeks. Reception outfits are 8 to 10 weeks. Wedding gowns are 8 to 10 months. Rush orders are accepted (rush fees will be applied).
Q: Do you have openings available?
- Schedule availability is updated in shop 2.0 consultation with designer .
Q: How much to make this?
- We cannot give a price on any custom garments until the completion of your consultation. Please search 2.0 consultation with designer to book your appointment.
Q: Can I get a custom dress if I'm out of state?
Our showroom offers in person and virtual consultations.
We service clients across the globe. Virtual consultations are available for any client who is unable to travel to our Atlanta showroom.
If you live outside of Atlanta, your consultation will be virtual (Google Meet). Your garment will be mailed to you unless you choose to pick it up when it is ready. The designer will also get your measurements during our video call. Please have a seamstress measuring tape ready for your appointment. You have the option to come to our showroom for your appointment. The choice is yours.
Out of State Waiver:
By ordering you understand that: House of Avid is a fashion design house and not a boutique; with this being said, measurements are needed when ordering a custom garment.
House of Avid cannot assure that proper measurements are taken if you do not physically come into the design house to be measured by House of Avid’s staff.
House of Avid cannot be held liable if your dress does not fit correctly, and by ordering you understand that it will be your responsibility to have the dress altered at an alteration shop close to your residence.
Measurements are not absolute & do not guarantee the perfect fit. You also understand that a final design will not look exactly like the inspiration picture and House of Avid will not duplicate any other designer’s or brand’s work- it will be inspired by but no carbon copies.
You understand that all custom made garments production business weeks vary per garment and that we go by the date of the event and FULL PAYMENT before shipping. Orders are guaranteed by the wear date.
Any changes to your order will slow down the production process and alter any previously stated date of completion.
You understand that based on the fabric is chosen that House of Avid may need to make the dress a size bigger and it will be client’s responsibility to have it tailored or altered by an alteration shop in your area.
You understand that you are waiving your right to fittings since you are opting to have your gown shipped and not come in the showroom for fittings.
You understand that the price that was quoted to you does not include shipping cost. Shipping is an additional charge and a fashion rep will discuss the shipping options and delivery times with me when my order is ready to ship and I will need to pay that price at that time.
You understand that all custom made garments are FINAL SALE & no refunds and/or store credits will be issued. If a chargeback is initiated criminal charges will be filed because it will be considered as theft of goods.
You understand that someone must be available to sign for my package, a signature is required on all packages.
You certify that you are 18 years old or older. If you are not, a parent or guardian will need to sign.
You understand that in transit stones with adhesive, embellishments, etc. can become unadhered due to the handling and temperature. Please be careful in the handling of any garment that has embellishments whether sewn on are glued. Exposure to heat, sweat, and improper handling can make stones come loose. Please be careful with bracelets that you may wear or anything that may snag the garment- if the garment is snagged it can cause a row of stones to completely come off .